The Insanity Quotient
This is not a measure of mental illness. Neither is it a researched, stratified item with norms and a statistical foundation. Rather, it is simply a gathering of items which Doc believes interfere with living life in a beneficial manner.
Any of these apply to your life process?
- Wish you were someone else?
- Tendency to follow the group?
- Habits that seem to control your life?
- Worry too much, even about little things?
- Competent or confident people intimidate you?
- No specific goals; just wandering through life?
- Have an imaginary life that sometimes feels real?
- Times when random thoughts crash through your mind?
- Lack confidence in your ability to achieve your goals?
- Have difficulty making decisions, about almost everything?
- Seeking a different result, but repeating the same old behaviors?
- Acquiesce to the opinions of others, then feel angry with yourself?
There is no score sheet. Give yourself a ‘most often’ YES or ‘most often’ NO answer. (There is no 100% behavior.) Then decide if there is something you want to change.